Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Psoriasis and tattoos?

My mothers side of my family has a history of Psoriasis, with both my mother, grandfather and great grandfather having breakouts on their legs. I have not had any problems with Psoriasis at all, i%26#039;m currently 21 years old. I really want to get a small tattoo, somewhere on my back but am unsure if I will break out with Psoriasis.
Psoriasis and tattoos?
If you don%26#039;t already have Psoriasis I really don%26#039;t belive that it would cause you to get it or break out with it. But if you are really concerned about it I would recommend that speak with your doctor about it. I hope this helps. Good Luck !
Psoriasis and tattoos?
i have psoriasis and so does my whole family. there are different types of psoriasis and my family has scalp and upper body. if your family has only had psoriasis on their legs then you will probably not have a problem with it, especially if you are 21 and havent had an episode. i have a huge tattoo on my upper back, very close to where my psoriasis is. i have yet to have a problem. i wouldn%26#039;t let it scare you from getting a tattoo. hope that helped
Reply:Great question. Very shortly after my husband got his first tattoo at the age of 28, he broke out in psoriasis all over his body. It%26#039;s been about 5 or 6 years, and he%26#039;s still got it everywhere. He never had any skin conditions whatsoever before the tattoo. He and his doctor both believe the tattooing process caused the psoriasis. I have 4 tattoos and have never had any problems, but some people react differently. After seeing the pain and discomfort that my husband has had to endure on a daily basis for years and years, with no cure in site, I would definitely strongly dissuade you if you already have a family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment